Howden Clough’s committee play a fundamental role in the management and development of the club. All of the committee members are volunteers, many coaching age groups or have children playing in age groups. They are key to ensuring Howden Clough’s continued success.
The Coaching & Match Day Staff
Our Age group managers and coaches are all volunteers, giving up their own time to develop our players and club. All CRB checked, with Safe Guarding Training and Emergency First Aid Training. Many have FA Coaching training. All of this is funded by the club, to ensure continued development.
Who else volunteers their time?
Countless people help to ensure Howden Clough are, and remain to be a fantastic FA Charter Standard Community Grassroots Junior Football Club. There are so many volunteers who dedicate their own time to help build on our success, helping in so many ways behind the scenes and on the coal face for which we are forever thankful. How and in what capacity do they do they help?
- Qualified Referees
- No qualified ref? An unlucky parent/guardian volunteered to ref the next game
- Linesmen (above comment applies)
- Tuck Shop and Tea Stand Servers (above comment applies)
- Sub Collectors
- Social Media guru’s spreading the Howden Clough news and gospel
- Our Sponsors
- General Fundraisers
- Gala and Event Organisers
- Laying out the pitches
- Assembling & taking down goal posts (Rocket scientists preferable for this role)
- Football net Co-ordinators
- Football Strip cleaners
- Parent Taxi’s (training & match days)
- Cutting the pitch grass
- Chief Boot Lace Tiers
- Boot cleaners
- Clearing a dirty pitch before the game
- And so many other ways…